A central heating power flush is basically a chemical cleaning process for your central heating system. The cost of which will depend on a number of factors including the age of the system and how many radiators you have in your home.
Telltale signs that things aren’t running correctly and you need a power flush include:
- Inconsistency of heat on your radiators or ‘cold spots’, or they just don’t seem to heat up properly
- You’re forever bleeding your radiators and/or the water is discoloured
- Noisy radiators, pipes and/or boiler
- Frequent leaks and breakdowns
- Your boiler constantly needs to be restarted
- Central heating takes a long time to heat up
- Cold radiators but hot pipes
What happens over time to your heating system is an accumulation of sludge and debris which clog up the pipes. This causes them to rust and eventually this has an impact on the efficiency of your boiler resulting in cold radiators and an unhappy home!
Other events which may mean you are thinking of a Power Flush is if you’re installing a new boiler so that anything already in your system can be removed before installation. This ensures your new boiler is as efficient as possible from day 1